If you already know what coverage you need, and you’re ready to sign-up for affordable and quality coverage, we’re ready to help.
COVID-19 cost share waiver end date extended to Jan. 10, 2023
On October 13, the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services extended the national public health emergency. As a result, UMR is extending the end date for cost share waiver and other COVID-19 benefit options to the date of service, Jan. 10, 2023.
The Jan. 10, 2023, extension will be applied to UMR standard benefit options and include:
- Waiving cost share for COVID-19 testing and test-related visits (Feb. 4, 2020-end of emergency period). Applies to all plans per the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Mandated coverage that must be extended through DOS Jan. 10, 2023.
- Waiving cost share for COVID-19 vaccine administration. The COVID-19 vaccine serum will initially be paid by the government. (Dec. 12, 2020-end of emergency period). Applies to all plans per the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Mandated coverage that must be extended through DOS Jan. 10, 2023.
As of Jan. 19, 2022, every household in the U.S. is eligible to order four free at-home COVID-19 tests from the federal government. These tests are completely free of charge and will typically ship within 7-12 days. Click here to order your test kits today.
If you choose to purchase an over-the-counter COVID-19 test from a retailer, here’s what Farm Bureau Health Plans members need to know:
- If you purchase a test kit at a Walmart or Rite Aid outlet and check out at the pharmacy register, there will be no upfront cost at the time of purchase. If you purchase your test kit at a Walmart or Rite-Aid and check out at any register other than the pharmacy, you will need to submit a manual claim form for reimbursement, along with the purchase receipt, to the address found on the back of your ID card.
- If you purchase a test kit at any retail outlet other than Walmart or Rite Aid, you will need to submit a manual claim form for reimbursement, along with the purchase receipt, to the address found on the back of your ID card.
- Farm Bureau Health Plans will reimburse $12 per test up to eight tests per member in a calendar month.
- The at-home COVID-19 test kit you purchase must be authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to qualify for reimbursement.
The federal mandate regarding coverage of at-home COVID-19 test kits does not apply to Medicare beneficiaries; we suggest you click here for the most current information on Medicare coverage of testing.